Child feels unwell with any of the symptoms of COVID-19
- New continuous cough and/or
- Fever/high temperature and/or
- Loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste.
- Parents/carers arrange a test for the symptomatic child online at www.nhsinform.scot or call 0800 028 2816.
- Child and household should remain isolating at home while waiting for the test result.
- Parent/carer should notify school of a positive/ negative result within normal school hours (8am- 5pm) by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the child’s receives a positive result after 5pm or at the weekends, please contact 0131 200 2000
The Health Protection Team will be informed of a positive result and will contact the school to follow up school contacts and to provide further advice.
Covid Arrangements- Christmas Holidays
From Tuesday 22nd December until Wednesday 6th January any notifications of positive Covid tests and the need to self- isolate will be handled centrally by City of Edinburgh Council. If your child has any of the three main symptoms call 0800 028 2816 or visit at www.nhsinform.scot to book a test. If your child receives a positive diagnosis of Covid during this time, please call 0131 200 2000 as soon as possible to allow contact tracing to begin.
NHS 24 has a dedicated COVID mental health support service (Dial 111)
Breathing Space 0800 83 85 87
Samaritans 116 123
SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health) 0344 800 0550