Welcome to St Catherine’s Parent Council page.
The membership of the Parent Forum is made up of parents who have children at the school or who are the main parent figure in the child’s life; grandparent, aunt or uncle, or foster carer. You automatically become a member so you don’t have to do anything to become a member!
You will be invited to a couple, of meetings a year (usually at the beginning and the end of the academic year) where you will receive information about the work the Parent Council is planning to do or has done on your behalf.
As a member of the Parent Forum you can:
- Receive information about the school and its activities
- Be invited to be involved in the life of the school in ways and at times that suits you
- Participate in deciding how the Parent Council is organised and how it operates
- Identify issues that you want the Parent Council to work on with the school
- Be asked your opinion by the Parent Council on issues relating to the school and the education it provides
- Work in partnership with the school staff
- Enjoy taking part in the life of the school in whatever way you can
The Parent Council
The Parent Council is selected from the membership of the Parent Forum and its task is to work closely with the Head Teacher and all the school staff to ensure that the parent’s voice is loudly heard. The Parent Council supports the work of the school and is instrumental in gathering and passing on the views of the wider parent body to the Head Teacher, the Children and Families Department of the Council and to school inspectors – HMIE or for The Nursery, The Care Inspectorate.
The following website is a source of information for parents on a range of issues related to education:
You can download the Parent Council Constitution below.